Gas Injections – carbon dioxid subcutaneous insufflation , into Trp or acupuncture point with the help of gas injector´s applicator.
The application of CO2 is performed subcutaneous into Trp or acupuncture point through a single-shot of a thin sharp-edged needle . The needle is to be set on the doser´s application probe of the electronic unit INCO2, which doses the prescribed volume of gas per one compression and one puncture. It is, of the medical point of view, so called carbon dioxid purified gas , which doesn´t contain any other gas mixtures.
Characteristics of Carbon Dioxid – CO2
- Colourless gas substance
- Sublimation at -78,5 °C
- The final product of burning of carbonaceous substances
- The product of biological processes
- Water – soluble (H2CO3, HCO3 – acidosis, alkalosis )
- For spa purposes is used in water bonded CO2
- Gaseous CO2 is used in dry carbonic baths
- The reflex therapy uses the insufflation of gaseous CO2 subcutaneously
The Gas application and its effects
The applied gas creates in subcutis the so- called subcutaneous emphysema , which starts consequently to disslove in the tissular liquids and changes on a very weak carbonic acid and with the help of carbohydrate enzyme dissociates to ions. The process causes the short-term change of the pH to the acid reaction („Bohr effect“ – Hb and O2) and thereby the irritation of the free nerve cells – ceptors. The following reaction with ions Na + K causes the change of the pH through acid-base reaction and consequently creats spazmolitic, vasodilatory and analgetic effects. Through this reaction are affected the free radicals and the growth factors of vascular walls are supported as well.– neovascularization and growth of subcutaneous collagen.
Gas Injections and reflex actions
The application of the CO2 gas causes the irritation of certain afferent zone, which leads through signalization to the efferent reaction in the nerve-centre. This reaction often seems to be as a distant one in the sense of segmented inervation and thereby are affected:
- Stretch muscle ( Myotonus) – favourable effect on trigger points, colicky pains, pain guide through nervous system – gate control theory, endorphin system
- Excess of blood ( Hyperemia) – especially functional at vaso-neurosis, claudication pains ( direct effect of CO2 on the preterminal and terminal arteries and capillaries)
Indications at neurologic patients
- Painful conditions (radicular and pseudoradicular syndroms), polyneuritis, polyneuropathis, vertebral syndrome – degenerative and functional
- Systemic diseases with influences on the nervous system, headache of migranious origin
- Conditions after cerebrovascular diseases
The INCO2 unit ´s components are as follows: the solitary equipment ( control unit), the applicator, pedal-operated switch, the source of line voltage and the polyurethane hose with a reduction for the connection of the device with a medical gas CO2 supply from the steel bottle.
The control unit is installed in an aluminium box with the plastic side frames, which ergonomic design guarantees a good stability on the operating surface and a very comfortable access to all control and connecting elements of the device.
The optimal slope of the frontal desk, the intelligible graphic, the dimension and the brightness of the LED display enable the easy and transparent manipulation with the device while adjusting the applicable dose . The operating desk contains no mechanical switch components and the parameter adjusting performs only through light touching of signs (+, -). It helps to eliminate the potential failure and keeps the device in a good hygienic conditions because of no rifts on the surface.
The applicator´s holder is placed on the right side of the control desk, which shape guarantees the comfortable inserting , withdrawal and hinders the spontaneous droping out as well. On the backside of the device cover is placed the connector of the line voltage source, power switch, quick –acting coupling for a connecting hose of the CO2 source and the hose´s outgoing feeder for an applicator.
The applicator´s shape fits very comfortable the right- and the left-handers as well. At the top above of applicators spike is situated the operating button and its compression causes through a microswitch impulse the release of the adjusted CO2 dose. The applicators spike is made of the stainless steel.